Monday, July 6, 2009

only halfway done...

I am afraid to announce that the rebuild process is only halfway done as of 12:30 and I have to work in the morning. I am afraid that I will have to hit the bed soon and the site will probably be down all night.

While it is rebuilding, however, I was able to get a lot of the pre-configuration and customization done that I was not going to get to until later in the week so when it does come back up, it will have lots of new features:

1) A working reputation system in place. Know which users suck and which users are elite.
2) HAL = HAcking Links. A Links system that users can contribute to. All users can help build a nice resource of links that we can all share.
3) Upgraded blog, gallery, and forum system.
4) Better reporting system for faster response to SPAM and trolls.
5) A new portal as the official landing point of binrev.com instead of the old PHP/HTML green and black page.

And that is just scratching the surface. It will be worth the wait!